Pattern weights the frugal way!

There are many tutorials on the net for making your own pattern weights. This one is one of my favourites. I was tempted to make my own but instead I’ve been using these.
paperweights1
I pick them up in charity shops for between 50p and £1.50 and I’m sure I could get them even cheaper at jumble and car boot sales (note to self – add to my wish list for when car boot sales start up again in the Spring). The round ones all have a green felt backing so there are no rough edges to tear the pattern tissue.
Actually I could see myself becoming a bit of a collector of these things. I had a bit of a trawl around Google and I would definitely like to get my paws on these two!
dancing kitten weight

They are really pretty.
I was going to post a video of my embroidery machine Helena (my machines have names – my vintage Singer is called Persephone) working her way around my latest creation for Valentine’s day, but by the time I remembered she had finished. Never mind. I will video the Celtic design I’ll be sewing tomorrow.
Sláinte,
Linda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx