Finally……

We’ve arrived in 2013, it’s stopped raining and the sun’s come out and there are blue skies! I can see loads of happy dog walkers on the Downs. I’m taking that as a good omen for the year ahead.
It’s amazing that even in the deepest, darkest depths of winter you can go out and still find colour in gardens and hedgerows. I found this lonely pink rose bravely blooming it’s little heart out this morning. I wanted to photograph it so it’s efforts would be rewarded by being on the ‘net for all the world to see!
macro flowers25
Even more colour around……
macro flowers01
Purple Hebe flower.
macro flowers14
Red berries for the birds
And waiting in the wings for their turn to bloom
macro flowers03
macro flowers04
Even the trees are still colourful and interesting
macro flowers48
macro flowers49
And finally my favourite winter flower the Hellebore……
macro flowers30
Indoors I’m working on a lovely black glitter scarf for myself, the pattern was generously provided by this lady
Black glitter scarf6
And Dalek bibs and knitted tea cosies seem to be very popular in my Etsy shop right now. My embroidery machine is whirring away and my knitting needles are clacking!!
Until tomorrow,  Linda xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx