First Makes of 2016

I first made this jumper back in the 80s and then lost the pattern. I was thinking about it a year ago and regularly checked all the online second hand sites to see if I could track it down as I remember really enjoying making it (and it was easy!!).

The Original Pingouin Pattern

No  luck until on a whim a couple of weeks ago I had a look at Ebay and lo and behold it was there! Never has the "Buy Button" been pressed so quickly! The seller sent it off straight away and I got clacking and here it is - the 2016 version! I used the Womens' Institute Soft & Cuddly yarn. It seems to be sold only at Hobbycraft, I may be wrong but I haven't seen it anywhere else. Great value at £3 a ball and on sale at the moment at 3 for the price of 2.

Pink Pingouin Sweater


My embroidery machine has been revving up for 2016 and the result is this knitting bag I made for my friend Gladys's birthday. She sent me a very clever 'thank you' poem in return. 42,000 stitches! Gulp!


The Gladys Bag

And for those days when you wake up and think I really need a pair of jeggings with a giraffe wearing a scarf embroidered on one leg (and I can't even blame the chemo drugs!)

Giraffe Jeggings


I had a follow up call from the Radiotherapy Centre to see how I'd coped with the side effects (apparently the peak of the side effects comes 2 weeks after the end of treatment). I was so happy to tell the radiotherapist that I haven't suffered any side effects at all. The redness over my wound and neck has almost faded away and I haven't suffered from fatigue at all. In fact I think my energy has increased which is good as Clarkson my beloved bicycle (I do miss Top Gear) and I have been giving my legs one heck of a work out up and down the beautiful country lanes around here.

Clarkson

SlĂ inte Mhath xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx