What to do with all those crochet flowers you’ve made.

Over the last couple of years I’ve made dozens of crochet flowers to try out new patterns or yarn. When finished I’ve just put them into a bag and forgotten about them. I came across the bag a couple of weeks ago and in my drive to finish up ALL my projects before I start any more I decided to create my own everlasting, no more watering, always in bloom hanging basket and here it is!

 

Crochet flowers basket_1

 

I knitted a lining for it following Caroline Wilbor’s pattern on Ravelry. I then crocheted a brown circle for the top and stuffed the whole thing with toy filling.

 

A few hours were spent with an upholstery needle sewing on the flowers. I used my knitting mill to make the wibbly wobbly stems twining round around the hanging chains and sewed a few tiny flowers onto them.

 

Crochet flowers basket

 

It’s high enough to be out of the reach of the cats as they tend to swing around on anything that dangles!!

 

For those of you who are not into crochet here are some pics of a two legged mushroom I had for lunch yesterday!

 

Two legged mushroom

 

Two legged mushroom2

 

Slainte

 

Linda xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh woweeeee, that is so blooomin brilliant. Fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. So pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hanging basket is just amazing, I really love it.
    I've never seen one before, what a fab idea.
    I bet they'd go down a bomb on Etsy...
    Briony
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea =)
    I'm not that talented in the crafting department so I will just admire your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx