Strange Tabby Mystery Solved……almost!

I thought I’d post an update on the little stray tabby cat who seems to have adopted me. I took him to my vet to see if they could scan him for a microchip and yes he did have one! His owner was Brighton Cat Welfare. My vet left a message with them to call me and the lovely Julie from Cat Welfare called me yesterday.

It turns out he was originally an un-neutered tom cat living on the streets and breaking into people’s houses and generally making a nuisance of himself. So he was caught and brought to the rescue centre where they had him neutered. As he was semi-feral he was taken on as a stable cat and it was from there that he escaped and travelled the 4 miles to my house. As the ‘owner’ never bothered to report him missing the rescue centre is sending me the adoption papers and the microchip will be transferred to my name. I’m so pleased that I didn’t have to give him back to anyone as I’ve become so fond of him. I do wonder though how he managed to travel and cross 2 A roads to get here. I don’t suppose I’ll ever know the answer to that one.  I’ve named him Ben.

Benfield
Ben sunbathing
Benfield_1
Ben playing with the daisies

Slainte

Linda xx

1 comment:

  1. He is lovely, I like a happy ending. Lucky Ben for finding you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx