Goodbye to Jasmine

I can’t believe I’m writing this so soon after Frisco’s passing.

 

fluffy grey and white domestic cat

 

This is Jasmine or Jazzy for short. She was diagnosed with several tumours today and sadly I had to once again make the decision to let go a much loved pussycat. Jazzy would have been 14 next month. She was a rescue kitten.

 

fluffy grey and white domestic cat

 

Oddly enough she was the only cat that I didn’t choose for myself. I had rung the local cat rescue shelter and asked if they had any kittens and the lady described Jasmine. The next day she brought round this adorable fluffy kitten who sat so quietly in her cat basket while I signed the adoption papers. I don’t think Carol had driven even to the end of my road when this ‘adorable’ kitten was straight out of the cat basket and up the net curtains.  Swinging on the curtains was to remain a hobby of hers until she got too heavy for them.

 

Jazzy playing with toy mouse

 

Jasmine

 

She loved her toys and over the years she ‘killed’ quite a few over and over again.

 

Grey and white longhaired adult female cat grooming

 

As you can see from the pictures she was a very pretty cat and she loved to take care of herself. I was always snapping pics of her. The one above was used in the book How to Have a Happy Cat (page 78). She was paid in tuna. In fact she was the ultimate happy cat, no trouble, interested in everything.

 

Grey and white fluffy cat

 

Meerkat impersonating was her party piece.

 

Jasmine31

 

She loved Christmas and was always devising ways of getting the tree to part with its ornaments. She had a bit of a soft spot for Daisy my Tortie and always let Daisy have a share of any treats that she had.

 

Jasmine

 

As she got older, sitting in the sun by the front step became her favourite occupation. It is going to be so weird not to have to step over her anymore.

 

Fluffy domestic cat lying down with paw over her head

 

Rest in peace my brave little girl xxxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute, so sad for you :(
    I don't know what I would do without my Toffee cat x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This always is so difficult and my heart breaks for you. You will have wonderful memories of her, though and know that she was one of the lucky ones. She lived with one loving family her whole life and to a cat that is the ultimate. Sending a hug your way. Rest in peace, sweet girl. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tribute to your kitty. She was a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful cat, she was so lucky to find you. So sorry to hear your sad news. LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creative writing about a beautiful pussy cat. Thank you for expressing your sadness so well, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful girl.
    Her story was a happy one because of your love and care.
    I'm so sorry to hear of her passing.
    Sending hugs and purrs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures and beautiful memories. Sorry for your loss, some people think of it's just a cat, but they don't realize how much a part of the family they become (I have two - so I know!) BTW - writing is the best therapy. I bet you felt a little better after writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all of you who posted about Jazzy. I am missing her like mad but your lovely comments have helped in easing my sadness.

    Hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx