Thames River Trip

Totally unplanned trip on the Thames in London yesterday. I was going to do something else but it was such a beautiful day and the prospect of sitting on a boat in the sun on the Thames was too good to miss. So this is almost a wordless post!!

 

Battle-of-Britain-Memorial2

The stunning Battle of Britain Memorial by Westminster Bridge. So clever and effective to model it on a ‘Scramble’

 

Canary-Wharf2

Canary Wharf

 

Cutty-Sark

The Cutty Sark at Greenwich

 

London-Eye2

The London Eye

 

Shakespeares-Globe-Theatre2

The wonderful replica of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre

 

The-Shard-London

The Shard – I adore this building

 

Tower-of-London

The Tower of London

 

Trinity-Hospital-Almshouses

The Trinity Hospital Almshouses – beautiful building

 

Quantum-Cloud-Antony-Gormley

Quantum Cloud Sculpture by Anthony Gormley. Can you see the shape of a man inside it?

 

Emirates-Air-Line-cable-car

The Emirates Air Line Cable Cars over the Thames

 

O2-Centre3

The O2 Centre

 

Half-a-boat

Half a boat – don’t ask, I have no idea why anybody would want to slice a boat in half!

 

Thames-Barrier3

The Thames Barrier

 

Thames-Barrier4

Thames Barrier close-up.

 

Fantastic trip and thanks very much to my dear friends Graham and Jan who made it possible and always spoil me when I come up to London and who also let me hug their cats (lots!).

 

Slainte

 

Linda xxx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to see some of the area where I used to live. I've not been back in years, we lived in Rotherhithe, Surrey Docks before they changed it to the yuppy name Surrey Quays.
    I loved to go to Greenwich market and around the Cutty Sark....
    Good memories thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be biased, but London is a wonderful city. Thank you for this lovely photo-blog. I love the Antony Gormley and I recommend that everyone should at some point in their lives spend a quiet five minutes at the Battle of Britain Memorial near Westminster Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip!
    I would love to see these in person--but first I must start saving my pennies!
    Lovely photos =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there are cable cars over the river. Great photo's.

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx