All Will Be Revealed on Sunday

Of course I am referring to the identity of the new Doctor Who. The BBC are screening a special edition of The One Show on Sunday at 7pm. The new Doctor will be revealed then.

 

Doctor Who- Image Courtesy BBC

 

I have no idea who they’ll pick, however I am hoping with all my digits crossed that he (has to be a he I’m afraid) will be Benedict Cumberbatch. I think he’d make a great Doctor and after all he did get a bit of sci fi training in the last Star Trek film.

 

benedict-cumberbatch

 

It is a long shot I know as he’s filming the new Sherlock series at the moment and he can’t be in two places at the same time….or could he??

 

Apparently Ben Daniels and Peter Capaldi are also favourites for the role. If I had to go for second and third choices they would be Richard Armitage and Rupert Penry-Jones.

 

Richard Armitage

 

rupert penry-jones

 

I do trust the judgement of Steven Moffat the lead writer and executive producer of Doctor Who and I know whoever he picks I will like. I find it so heartening to know that such a fuss is being made of this programme. I cried buckets when Michael Grade, Director General of the BBC gleefully axed it due to his personal dislike of the Doctor. What goes around comes around Mr G.

DALEK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/The-Next-Doctor-will-be-revealed-on-Sunday-04-August

 

Slainte

 

Linda xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh. Benedict for Dr Who ! Be still my too rapid beating heart!

    I bet it is someone not like them though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new header, your blog design is gorgeous. Whatever happened to William Hartwell :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx